Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGPyro

.X files

TGPyro    122
I need help loading .x files, ive looked at tutorials on the net and have the book ''Beginning Direct3D Game Programming'' but i just cant seem to grasp it, can someone point me to the most basic tutorial that just sets up the D3D window and loads up a .X file, or something VERY similiar. ~TGPyro

TGPyro    122
sorry to bug again, but is that source setup to use just the Tiger.x file? cuz when i use one of my own .X files, nothing comes up but the window and the blue bg. btw, im using the C++ version, since i dont have VB around

jeanmyr    122
I meet similar problem, when I''ve writting a code to render static .x files. I''ve finally conclude the tiger''s tutorial contain some bugs, and create my own object to read and render this type of files. I can give a copy to you, if you''re interesting. Write to following adress : Jeanmyr@caramail.com

@+

dansteph    122
Don''t know if I recall good but isnt the tiger example the progressive mesh ? if yes its normal you run into trouble perhaps try the base mesh.

For my part all work well with d3dx loader even with complex model.

Dan

thedo    124
Just for reference - i use that code from the tut unmodified (apart from I put it in my mesh class) and it has yet to fail to load any .x file. Have you made sure that the file is loaded? Do you know (FOR DEFINITE) that it is a valid .x file? Check to see if you get any errors and act on it.

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!

thedo    124
Are you sure it''s loading though? dont forget that if you use VC++ then your program will be in a separate directory from your source code (ie c:\mycode\debug\). make sure the D3DX loader returns D3D_OK.

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!