Can't run games in Windows 2000

Started by
7 comments, last by GunnarSteinn 24 years, 2 months ago
I''ve recently installed Windows 2000 (sorry M$, I''ll buy it when you release it) and I can''t run new games. I''ve tried Q3 (I think it''s a problem with OpenGl but I didn''t find any NT OpenGl drivers (the game worked fine with Win98)) and I''ve tried Fifa 2000, I see the splash screen and than nothing, Windows just closes the program. The strange part is that I tried old games, Monkey Island 1&2 and some other DOS games and they worked. Can anyone give me some hints on how to play games on this platforms? ____________________ Gunnar Steinn gunnarsteinn@isl.is
Advertisement
I didn''t think windows 2000 was going to support dos games, like NT...

(Sorry this didn''t answer your question)
- DanielMy homepage
Id suggest that you uninstall for a few reasons.
1)You dont legally own it.
2)Almost no videocard is supported by it yet (well the video card features such as ogl, im still waiting for drivers for my tnt2 ultra b4 i get it)
3)It''ll be dead weight until then, and besides, you can play q3 in nt4, why not wait a bit?
This is probably just the first of a growing list of things that you can''t do in windows 2000.
well i install any ms program that i dont own simply because i dont see the point in paying 200 dollars for some dam ms program besides lots of people do it so why dont you
If every one jumped off a bridge....
The usual argument is that the programs suck or that they don't use it that much... but you do use it, so you should pay for it.

I don't think that opengl is at the top of the list for support in windows 2000.

Edited by - Gromit on 2/2/00 11:20:35 AM
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Because its wrong moron!
sheesh, i must have been raised differently than some of these k/dd/3z
Well, I didn''t try any OpenGL programs, but on my version of Win2k (Beta testing....you get the full version(legally)!), Starcraft ran fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement