Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World engine

This topic is 5816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know that Direct3D has provide a camera system through view and projection stuffs and viewports, but if I want to make a world enginge (for indoor/outdoor), do I have to run a optimization on my world to be rendered manually or I can just load the whole world into one object/mesh and let Direct3D do the rest ?? What is the best approach to make an indoor game esspecially on how to use Direct3D capabilities maximally ??

quote:
Original post by yanuart
I can just load the whole world into one object/mesh and let Direct3D do the rest ??

This is an absolute NO NO your game will run at 1 fps (if ever it run)
There is a lot of article on gamedev about terrain you may look
into.
if ever Game would have be as simple as loading one mesh and rendering everyone would have made at least four game here.

The trick is more to reject what don''t need to be drawed than drawing actually.

Welcome on the "Smash your head on this wall... feel better ?"
''s world.

Dan

Ok, I know that by now
what I''m talking about is not about a terrain thingy world but more like a indoor world.
There are a numerous posting and articles about this, but none of them give me a clue about the approach in Direct3D programming nor a good start to think for..
If I bash my head long enough to the wall I may come up with something by my own but that''s not what this forums is all about rite ??