Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[books] Which would be better?

This topic is 5817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Assuming I can only order one of them, which book would be better... Real-Time Strategy Game Programming Using MS Directx 6.0 or Isometric Game Programming With Directx 7. ? WNDCLASSEX Reality; ... ... Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames; ... ... RegisterClassEx(&Reality); Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong? --------- Dan Upton http://0to1.org http://www20.brinkster.com/draqza AIM: DigytalSpyder

i have them both in my bookshelf, and i can really recommend the isometric game programming book! no doubt about it! as a matter of fact i only borrowed the RTS book from a friend, and he don''t even want it back... :D

Thanks... I''d actually come to that decision. So now to hope my college bookstore can get it... they won''t give me any money from my account to order it through amazon.

I posted a review of the RTS book in the Books section on this site. If you haven''t read the reviews of each book, I suggest you head over there and do so. But I would probably recommend the Iso book, despite never having read it (or indeed, seen it in a bookstore).

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]

The RTS book is horrible... the guy has some good ideas, but spends so much time talking about how great he is and how horrible MS is, I wanted to commit suicide with a hole punch more than a few times. (I''m not exactly an MS fan, but I didn''t buy this guy''s book for his opinions)

I haven''t actually read the ISO book yet (but thanks to everyone here, I think I''ll buy it soon)

-Chris