Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShilohRain

2 Terrain Questions for PsychoBlade

ShilohRain    122
In reponse to my question (a couple weeks ago) concerning how to make the water "opaque"...you said that it was a .PRO file and that it would have to be opened with the ProEdit tool. Once opened simply raise the Alpha slider all the way up(to the right). Well, I did just that and saved it. When I opened the level in Landscape Studio the water was still as clear as pool water. I must be doing something wrong...but I can''t figure it out. When I open the water.pro file with ProEdit, I see a blue plane and upon sliding the Alpha bar up & down it changes the saturation of the blue. Why won''t it show up in Landscape Studio? Also,if I haven''t bothered you enough already, I wanted to get rid of the gap between the horizon/land and the skybox and make the sky meet the ground. Where can I make those changes? Thanks for you help!

PsycoBlade    122
Well, the "saturation" of the water that you are changing is actually just the water becoming more translucent and blending with the black background. You are doing the right thing, I have no idea why it isn''t working. Check in your Landscape studio settings and make sure you are using the same file that you edited.

-Rich

ChrisE    184
Landscape Studio also has a slider for changing the water alpha. It will override anything you have in the water .PRO file.

You could also change the rendering method to T_TEXTURED so the alpha isn''t even used.