console problem

Started by
15 comments, last by ATronic 22 years, 3 months ago
as my first post says, absolutely nothing.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Advertisement
I''m not sure, but I think that Win32 consoles may support ANSI escape codes, because I seem to remember porting a really old BBS door game I wrote to Win32. There should be a code to clear the screen. Search the net for ANSI escape sequences and you''ll probably be able to find something useful.
I''m not sure why that happened and there are no compilers around here so if this doesn''t work, sorry. Try doing a cout << flush;
before the system("cls");. Because the buffer may be flushing after the call. Also i think that there is an exec function maybe it works there..

By the way there is the posibility of your compiler having conio.h, if you do there is a function call clearscreen or cls or something like that, read the header
humanity will always be slaved by its ignorance
Found what I needed in conio.h, thanks a ton. One other thing, anyone know how to input a single char without waiting for the user to hit return?

Alex Broadwin
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
using C++ iostream of C IO functions? I personally enjoy the simplicity of some older C functions.
(http://www.ironfroggy.com/)(http://www.ironfroggy.com/pinch)
getch(). Cant remember what header its in though, its either conio.h or stdio.h try em both
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
Thanks a ton!

Alex Broadwin
-----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement