Components not registering

Started by
1 comment, last by thedo 22 years, 3 months ago
I am writing several components for C++ Builder 4 which allow the user to create 3D Graphics (Models,lights,camera''s,etc). I have a TScene object (inherits from TWinControl) which handles drawing the scene (redraw,fogging,scene-wide changes). I have an abstract compoment TSceneObject which inherits from TComponent. From this class TModel, TLight, TSprite inherit. Because TSceneObject contains abstract classes I cannot allow the user to try to create an instance of TSceneObject, so I have commented out the line provided by builder which registers the component to the pallette at the top of th IDE, and also the line which in ValidateCtrCheck which tries to instantiate the object. TModel and TLight appear fine on the component pallette page. But for some reason TSprite does not. I have tried recompiling the package, recreating the package. The code is identical for the ValidateCtrCheck, except it is TSprite instead of TModel/TLight. It is Identical for the pat which registers the component to the pallette page. Any Ideas? Neil WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
Advertisement
OK i''ve found that Builder is ''hiding'' all of my components as default now. Any one know what option stop this?

Neil

Well... once I sorta had this problem, but in fact the real reason was because I didn''t setup the BPL output directory for the program files\borland\cbuilder5\projects\bpl directory. Also, I dunno for 4 or not, you can check the registry to see if the package is ''known'' or not. I can''t remember the registry key off hand, but a quick search should find it.

------------------------------
BCB DX Library - RAD C++ Game development for BCB

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement