Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

human_tree

Direct X SDK Download Location (Other Than Microsoft)

human_tree    122
Can anyone help me please? I need somewhere that I can download the Direct X SDK that supports resuming (and MSDN doesn''t support it, atleast not with Download Accelerator Plus, so if anyone has a different program that will support resuming from there, that would help aswell). Thanks.

human_tree    122
Anyone? Please help me.

(By the way, MSDN doesn''t support resuming even with GetRight and the reason I need resuming is because I only have a 56k modem and I either need to pause it and reconnect every 4 hours or finish downloading it in 4 hours which would be impossible seeing it is over 100mb.)

DracosX    128
Give me about half an hour and I'll post it on my server at work.
Dunno if that's legal, so I'll have to take it back down when you get through. Just email me when it's done.
zerograv000@yahoo.com

DracosX:

Master of the General Protection Fault

Edited by - DracosX on January 10, 2002 12:39:31 AM

DracosX    128
No problem, just try to go easy on my bandwidth lol

I'll post the link
here ---> Link

as soon as it's finished, just check for the edit.

DracosX:

Just about halfway I'll post the link now, just check it in about half an hour to give it time to finish.

Edited by - DracosX on January 11, 2002 1:11:52 AM

Infinisearch    2964
I Downloaded the DX8.1 SDK using download accelerator plus. I didn''t go to the MSDN site however.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?
@the search box type "8.1" and download the appropriate version. (C++,VB,Full) It work fine for me with DAP, and i''m on 56k. (DAP also said resume was supported)

Good Luck.

human_tree    122
THANKS!!!!

That works great. It''s the same link as from MSDN except this time I made it so it didn''t search for a mirrored file, which is why it said it wouldn''t resume the other time. Thanks again.

Also, to DracosX, you can take it off your site now. Thanks anyway.

JimboC    152
I posted a comment to Microsoft from their web page about my 56K modem and the trouble I was having downloading the SDK. I asked if there was any way for me to order a CD, gave them all my information (name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc.) and to my surprise, a DirectX 8.1 SDK CD ROM arrived in the mail a few days later. They didn''t give a reason why they mailed it to me maybe it was Christmas spirit (my e-mail was on Dec 21), but they didn''t even charge me the usual $10 for shipping. I got an e-mail a few days later about the CD being mailed because Microsoft wasn''t distributing the SDK on CD at this time. (?!?)

DracosX    128
Hey, sorry about that, I shoulda checked the file permissions before I went to bed, but it was late.

I'll fix it, even though you already got a link, you might be able to pull it off our server a bit faster

DracosX:

EDIT: Next time I say I'll fix it, make sure I post a Link, lol

Edited by - DracosX on January 11, 2002 11:22:05 PM