Direct X SDK Download Location (Other Than Microsoft)

Started by
13 comments, last by human_tree 22 years, 3 months ago
I Downloaded the DX8.1 SDK using download accelerator plus. I didn''t go to the MSDN site however.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?
@the search box type "8.1" and download the appropriate version. (C++,VB,Full) It work fine for me with DAP, and i''m on 56k. (DAP also said resume was supported)

Good Luck.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

Advertisement
THANKS!!!!

That works great. It''s the same link as from MSDN except this time I made it so it didn''t search for a mirrored file, which is why it said it wouldn''t resume the other time. Thanks again.

Also, to DracosX, you can take it off your site now. Thanks anyway.
I posted a comment to Microsoft from their web page about my 56K modem and the trouble I was having downloading the SDK. I asked if there was any way for me to order a CD, gave them all my information (name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc.) and to my surprise, a DirectX 8.1 SDK CD ROM arrived in the mail a few days later. They didn''t give a reason why they mailed it to me maybe it was Christmas spirit (my e-mail was on Dec 21), but they didn''t even charge me the usual $10 for shipping. I got an e-mail a few days later about the CD being mailed because Microsoft wasn''t distributing the SDK on CD at this time. (?!?)

Hey, sorry about that, I shoulda checked the file permissions before I went to bed, but it was late.

I'll fix it, even though you already got a link, you might be able to pull it off our server a bit faster

DracosX:

Master of the General Protection Fault

EDIT: Next time I say I'll fix it, make sure I post a Link, lol

Edited by - DracosX on January 11, 2002 11:22:05 PM
DracosX:Master of the General Protection Fault
DracosX, you don''t need it on your site. I''m downloading it from MSDN now. Thanks anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement