Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

key processing?

This topic is 5816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok im confused here, i looked it up on the MSN library and for the bool process keys for a letter on the keyboard say "S" you would have [VK_S]. like its done in lesson 31. except it uses the arrows and i want to use those for camera movement and the letters for character movement so i need to figure out why it wont seem to compile. int ProcessKeys() { if (keys[VK_W]) { TVector newveloc(0,-5,0); ArrayVel[10] = newveloc + veloc; } if (keys[VK_S]) { TVector newveloc(0,5,0); ArrayVel[10] = newveloc + veloc; } if (keys[VK_A]) { TVector newveloc(-5,0,0); ArrayVel[10] = newveloc + veloc; } if (keys[VK_D]) { TVector newveloc(5,0,0); ArrayVel[10] = newveloc + veloc; } if (keys[VK_UP]) pos+=TVector(0,0,-10); if (keys[VK_UP]) pos+=TVector(0,0,10); if (keys[VK_LEFT]) camera_rotation+=10; if (keys[VK_RIGHT]) camera_rotation-=10; if (keys[VK_ADD]) i only recieve erros for the W,S,A, and D but the rest are fine. Are these really the correct things or do i need to add something or what? thanks