Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus code and DirectX8 problems...

Started by
11 comments, last by bluemace 22 years, 3 months ago
I''ve had similar problems when compiling. I found that in the code somewhere there is something like #define DX_SDK_VERSION = 0x08;
or something like that. The reason the input doesn''t work is that the code thinks it should be using version 8 of the sdk. If you just put the line #define DX_Version = 0x07; or whatever the variable is at the top of your code, it should work. I can''t remember if it should be in your include files, or just in the main cpp file. Something like that will work. Either that or find an older version of the SDK.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Because DX sucks!

What a valid opinion! Why not tell us why directx sucks so badly?

I think directX sucks in a way. Microsoft keeps beefing up their API and I don''t want to throw away my books just to learn the newest API. I still believe direct x is the only way to go for making games. I''m stopping at DirectX 7 until they delete it from their libraries!!

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

Today I wrote the code in TOTWGPG to initialize DirectX to a full screen, 8bit view. Well I''ve done this a million times before and it worked fine, but this time when I did it it got stuck with a black square in the top left corner of the desktop and never went to full screen mode. I guess it froze somehow, because I rewrote the code again and it worked fine. I don''t know why it happened either.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement