• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skywind

How to translate these NASM code into MASM ?

This topic is 6007 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The code to mul two fixed number below is copied from allegro. I want to move it to VC60 but I do not understand the nasm code such like %2,%0 and "=&a" who can explain them. or help me to translate it into MS format that VC can recongnize __INLINE__ fixed fmul(fixed x, fixed y) { #if defined __GNUC__ && defined __i386__ fixed edx __attribute__ ((__unused__)); fixed result; asm ( " movl %2, %0 ; " " imull %3 ; " /* do the multiply */ " shrdl $16, %%edx, %0 ; " " shrl $16, %%edx ; " /* check for overflow */ " jz 0f ; " " cmpw $0xFFFF, %%dx ; " " je 0f ; " " movl %4, %5 ; " /* on overflow, set errno */ " movl $0x7FFFFFFF, %0 ; " /* and return MAXINT */ " cmpl $0, %2 ; " " jge 1f ; " " negl %0 ; " " 1: " " cmpl $0, %3 ; " " jge 0f ; " " negl %0 ; " " 0: " /* finished */ : "=&a" (result), /* the result has to go in eax */ "=&d" (edx) /* reliably reserve edx */ : "mr" (x), /* x and y can be regs or mem */ "mr" (y), "i" (ERANGE), "m" (errno) : "%cc", "memory" /* clobbers flags and errno */ ); return result; #else return ftofix (fixtof (x) * fixtof (y)); #endif }

Advertisement
Which version of the DirectX SDK do you have installed ?

it could be looking in the wrong forum... oops folder.

[Hint about the actual question even though its in the wrong place: take a look at how you pass parameters to a .BAT file - you may notice a similarity...]

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

It hasn''t changed in the forum.
I checked it again the code really like that
I am using Dx8 SDK. is it matter?

I mostly understand the code (and possibly can think about what it is supposed to do). Maybe if you could explain me how "Fixed" type is represented, I might help. (I don''t remember it from VC6.0 and I don''t have this compiler installed on my computer... nor I have its documentation).

If you won''t get any help from elsewhere, you can e-mail me (as a last option - I don''t guarantee anything) at lifepower@fromru.com.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!