Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

This topic is 5815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey, i have this little problem: i load a number of textures. the number of textures varies as it''s read from a file. so are the texture names. what i need to do is create an array of AUX_RGBImageRec * ''s as an array of pointers. what confuses me is the declaration syntax. so far i''ve come up with the following code: #define NUM_TEXTURES 1024 AUX_RGBImageRec * TextureImage[NUM_TEXTURES]; // 1) GLuint Texture[NUM_TEXTURES]; ///////// numTextures = 42; //e g this many textures are required to be loaded ///////// for(...) { TextureImage = new(AUX_RGBImageRec); // 2) } memset(TextureImage, 0, sizeof(void *) * numTextures); glGenTextures(numTextures, &Texture[0]); for(...) { //load all the files and create the textures } binding a texture from the list after it is loaded, however, doesn''t work as expected. i think it only loads one texture - i think it''s the first one only. my guess is something is wrong with the lines commented with 1) and 2)... how should i declare and allocate memory for an array of pointers to pointers to objects (AUX_RGBImageRec in this case)? thanks and keep cool !

Guest Anonymous Poster
this is what i did

int loadtextures(int number,char *Filename, char quality) // Load Bitmaps And Convert To Textures

{
int Status=FALSE; // Status Indicator

AUX_RGBImageRec *TextureImage[1]; // Create Storage Space For The Texture

memset(TextureImage,0,sizeof(void *)*1); // Set The Pointer To NULL

if (TextureImage[0]=LoadBMP(Filename))
{
Status=TRUE; // Set The Status To TRUE

glGenTextures(1, &text[number]); // Create Three Textures

switch(quality)
{
case 1:
{
// Create Nearest Filtered Texture

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, text[number]);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_NEAREST);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, TextureImage[0]->sizeX, TextureImage[0]->sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->data);
break;
}
case 2:
{
// Create Linear Filtered Texture

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, TextureImage[0]->sizeX, TextureImage[0]->sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->data);
break;
}
case 3:
{
// Create MipMapped Texture

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, TextureImage[0]->sizeX, TextureImage[0]->sizeY, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->data);
break;
}
}

}

if (TextureImage[0])
{
if (TextureImage[0]->data)
{
free(TextureImage[0]->data);
}
free(TextureImage[0]);
}