Free Front End CASE Tools?

Started by
4 comments, last by Ranok 22 years, 3 months ago
Does anyone use/know of some free CASE tools for the front end of the software engineering process? I am tired of just using Word to do all of my requirements, specifications, planning, and design.
---Ranok---
Advertisement
whats wrong with word? i love word, you can plug so much stuff into it via ole, it just doesnt get any better.
Word is not bad for the requirements, specifications, or planning phases, but in the design phase it just doesn''t cut it. Something more graphical (the university I go to has some nice CASE Tools) speeds the design process up as well as making the relationships in the program more understandable.
---Ranok---
NICE CASE TOOLS???? What? Where? How? When? Why?

Sorry. Getting slightly carried away. The two CASE tools in use at my Uni are Rational Rose - prone to crashing, cannot redraw properly, nightmare to select and move all the things you want to, can''t copy and paste model e.t.c. - and Select Perspective - hogs your machine, corrupts your files if you forget to shut it down properly e.t.c.

I would love to find a NICE CASE tool - what do you use?

Enigma
------
...gratification, I stand for a God...
The February edition of PC Plus Magazine comes with a full version(no time limit) of Enterprise Architect on the cover CD.

Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
We use Rational Rose at my university also, however, it has never crashed while I have been using it. Then again, I have only used it for three projects (two were pretty small, one was medium sized).
---Ranok---

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement