Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grine

most irritating game characters

grine    122
What PC & console game characters really bug you people? For N64, Toad in Mario Kart 64 is so irritating, because whenever you''re beating him, if he manages to get past you, he makes this annoying up-himself whooping noise. For the PS1, I''d say that Squall from FF8 was pretty annoying, because he was so slef-centered. But I think that William Birkin from the Resident Evil series is irrittating, because he''s such a jerk. For PC, I think that the Ogres in Quake are pretty damn annoying, because they''re always shooting those bounce grenade things at you. Anyway, post here what you think. If you invent a time machine and travel back and forward through time, what would happen if you travelled to the time when the Universe doesn''''t exist anymore?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
I think pouya is annoying.. Oh wait! You were talking about game people... Well, then I say Noober in Baldur''s Gates.

Drizzt DoUrden    100
Noober is the most annoying charecter from any game. He was really aggravating in Baldur's Gate; I kill him all the time.

In'Tenchu - Stealth Assasin' the commoners were really annoying, because when they ran around they seemed like they were going to attack me, so I killed them. Eventally I got used to killing the things that attacked me only.

Squall was the only good thing about FF8, and I thought he was pretty cool, probably because he reminds me of myself, and I am pretty self centered on the inside, and over the phone/online, but in person I'm not really that self centered. I guess its just how I feel around certain people [I'm wearing a shirt that says 'I see dumb people' on it right now, I guess thats alittle bit of proof that I think most people I am around are dumber than me ;0]

I hated Dr. Neo Cortex in Crash Bandicoot Team Racing because he always managed to get in front of my 5 seconds before I crossed the finish line in hard mode.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net's Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on February 11, 2002 5:31:05 PM

MadLep    122
The boat builders from Black & White.

"SHUT UP AND STOP SINGING!!!"

I got feed up with them after the first two verses and splattered them against a cliff with all my might. (didn''t help that you couldn''t click past the song, and had to listen to the whole awful thing - repeatedly)

I pretend to work, they pretend to pay me.

core    106
PC: Alien Grunts in Half-Life (Getting killed by large stinging insects that fly around corners is annoying)
GameCube: Jigglypuff in SSBM (Cute singing puffballs don''t belong in a fighting game)
PS1: Cait Sith in FF7 (I could dedicate a new thread to this one)
PS2: Raiden in MGS2 (Since when did naive 12 year olds go on covert ops missions?)

Xanthen    115
hmmm
Cait Sith was my 3rd favorite char in ff7

noober sucks for sure

all the amazons in multiplayer diablo2 who think shooting non projectile people from far away is fun.

All the newbs who click on you wanting to trade even after you''ve canceled their request a half million times.

mumboi    122
Noober was the ultimate annoying character. Bioware wanted to create someone you''d almost instantly want to kill and they did a damn good job...but I always listened to him for the experience =)

Now the main character from Evil Islands I would like to beat with a large iron rod. His voice gives me headaches and I weep for not only purchasing the game but the fact that that''s the best voice actor they could find.

ShadeStorm    122
Johanna Dresari in "Mechwarrior4: Vengeance"...of course, this is not a problem with the character herself, but because the actress was somebody''s niece or daughter rather than a real actress. (I can''t back that up, actually, but based on the performance I can''t be far from the truth.)

Anything small and moving in a situation where you must aim/click manually. The birds in "Resident Evil", the little spiders in "Vampire: The Masquerade", ANY townsperson/villager in ANY RPG on the computer.

ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish

Tjoppen    122
Hmmm....

The ghosts in Super Mario 3...So goddam annyoing...Especially when you´ve got one on each side of you, so you know that if you stop turning left-right constantly...You´re fried!

Hmm...The Sarafan Sorceresses in Soul Reaver 2...So damn annoying that you can´t autoface them, since the cowardly run away if you get closer than 5 meters...
And while where on he SR2 subject, the Gray Demons and Greens Demons in the future...U know, the ones that block your way so that you can´t run away from them...GOD I HATE ´EM!

Hmm...The zombies in Quake were quite annoying, before you realized you had to blow them up to kill them....

Ronin_54    122
Ranged enemies in multiplayer realm harcore Diablo2. They tend to attack you before you can even see them, and when you are a fragile sorceress, they are *very* letal...

And when you are lagging for a split second, you are *very* dead.

And when you are dead, you are *very* annoyed, because your character gets erased from the server. PERMANENTLY!

Meaning? That I''m always in the back line, and make sure an ally always enters the room before me

-Maarten Leeuwrik
"Some people when faced with the end of a journey simply decide to begin anew I guess."

All characters in Atlantis 1, for talking R E A L L Y S L O W L Y, about stuff you knew anyway, and in a voice utterly devoid of emotion. (and also for never opening their god damn mouths)

The robots in Starship Titanic, for sheer unhelpfulness.

The aliens in Cydonia, but there was absolutely nothing good anywhere in that game anyway.

All characters in The Ward, for ALL of the above reasons and MORE.

The magical creatures in The Longest Journey, for simply oozing sickening cuteness.

The hen in Stupid Invaders, but that is deliberately annoying so when you finally reach the end of the whole nauseating cut scene, you get a real treat by being allowed to kill him.

THE Omega    122
Slippy "I''m too busy building arwings to go through puberty" Toad from Starfox 64.

"Ya want a piece o'' me?"
"This guy''s REALLY starting to TICK me off!"
"Aaaaaahhhh!!!"

He can''t even go 30 seconds in the first level of the game without getting chased.

I''ve taken an evil liking to letting the bad guys shoot him down. Sometimes I shoot him down myself.

Hikeeba    122
quote:
Original post by THE Omega I''ve taken an evil liking to letting the bad guys shoot him down. Sometimes I shoot him down myself.
I use to do that in the first one.

I wanna'' ride on the pope mobile.

RabidOcelot    122
quote:
Original post by ShadeStorm
Anything small and moving in a situation where you must aim/click manually. The birds in "Resident Evil", the little spiders in "Vampire: The Masquerade", ANY townsperson/villager in ANY RPG on the computer.

/agrees.

I still have nightmares about the deranged clickfest that ensues when you''re trying to chase an enemy in Vampire.

Game: The Adventure (tm).
-------------------------

DarkIce    122
In Star Fox 64 I think Falco''s more annoying than Slippy. For instance at the the start of the first level he says his "G-Diffuser" (whatever one of those is) is working fine. Then later on he''s got 3 guys chasing him and suddenly ther''s something wrong with the "G-Diffuser"........yeah whatever Falco, so you save him but he doesn''t say "thanks Fox or thanks for saving me", he says "I guess I should be thankful".........you GUESS!?!??............damn Falco

- DarkIce

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
By far the most annoying character ever was the white spy in Spy Vs. Spy. The way he just stood there giggling, thinking he had the upper hand made me want to impale myself with the not-sharp side of a tuning fork. Then he''d run through the door with his stupid little white coat and white hat and big nose. Even when he was getting hydrochloric acid dropped on his big white head, I still felt myself bursting with uncontrollable anger. From his white little shoes to his big sombrero-looking hat, I just can''t stand that white fool. Come to think of it, I just dislike white people in general. They''re always standing around drinking coffee and wiping their mouths after they eat. And then they drop something on the ground and then they pick it up! Damn, they make me so mad! So I go up to the top floor of office buildings and dump hydrochloric acid on their heads.

SpaceRook    160
quote:
Original post by Anonymouse Poster
The Quartermasters in Fallout Tactics. I mean, charging YOUR OWN ALLY twenty thousand $ for a few shotguns, and giving him $6000 for them if he sells em to you? ARGH!

This is something that always frustrates me in RPG''s. I can understand paying for stuff at the beginning of the game, when I have yet to prove myself. But after I kill Foozle #4, the townpeople should start choking up their end of the deal. I''m saving their asses; the least they could do is give me free room and board. I am reminded of that scene in Ghostbusters where Bill Murray threatens to release the ghosts if the hotel manager doesn''t pay him. "Yes, Armor Smith, I could pay $1000 for your +2 Golden Shield. But then again, I could go cast Resurrection on that Boss Werewolf that I went and killed because he was slaughtering your sheep."

-------------
SpaceRook
Latest Project: Paper Shredder
Visit my homepage for other projects!

ShadeStorm    122
Hehehe. A quote from a cartoon in the back of Dragon Magazine a several years back:

(Wizard standing in front of a counter, staff in one hand and raven familiar on his shoulder...beard down to his knees. There''s a guy on the other side of the counter.)

"How much is a room for a man who can level this place without flexing his pinky finger?"

ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish

jRaskell    220
I don''t think Noober should count, because he was EXACTLY the way Bioware wanted him to be.

I''ve always found grenade lobbing dances to be quite entertaining in just about all FPS games (Quake series, UT, sorely missed in RtCW) The ogres in particular I used to just dance around for long periods of time dodging their grenades. Grenade oriented combat has always been a very different style of gameplay.