Legal Issue of Games

Started by
4 comments, last by firefly2442 22 years, 3 months ago
I have this game that I want to put on my website. I do not however want to be sued by someone saying that my game screwed up their computer. I just want to put freeware up on my site. How can I show my work to the world but not get sued or get into a legal battle with someone?
http://www.rivetcode.com
Advertisement
just put it up, you can''t get sued. I wouldn''t bother with a disclaimer either. You really aren''t going to get in any trouble. Afterall, how many people have you sued?
well look around for some disclaimers that come with other freeware programs and make a similar one, 20 words should be enought

With best regards,
Mirek Czerwiñski
http://kris.top.pl/~kherin/
With best regards, Mirek Czerwiñski
Could also edit the MS one:

quote:
Information in this document, including URL and other Internet Web site references, is subject to change without notice. The entire risk of the use or the results of the use of this document remains with the user. Unless otherwise noted, the example companies, organizations, products, domain names, e-mail addresses, logos, people, places, and events depicted herein are fictitious and no association with any real company, organization, product, domain name, e-mail address, logo, person, place, or event is intended or should be inferred. Complying with all applicable copyright laws is the responsibility of the user.

<br> <br><br>–<br>Simon O''''Connor<br>Creative Asylum Ltd<br><A HREF="http://www.creative-asylum.com">www.creative-asylum.com</A>

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

You should always put a disclaimer to save your but. Just put something like:

This program is provided as is, with no guaruntee. I am no responsible for any problems that this program may create for you or any of your equipment.

That might not be enough. You could also just download a shareware program and copy the disclaimer that you usually always find in them.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
You should always put a disclaimer to save your but. Just put something like:

This program is provided as is, with no guaruntee. I am not responsible for any problems that this program may create for you or any of your equipment.

That might not be enough. You could also just download a shareware program and copy the disclaimer that you usually always find in them.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement