Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pik

DX Common Files: Not all x files work

Ok, I''m building a small little x file viewer and using the common files and utility functions to load the x files and to display them. Sometimes, an x file will not work and it seems to be model specific. tiny.x and dolphin.x are two problematic examples. Most of the other models work, tiger.x, car.x, and triplane.x. Has anyone ever had this happen before and any ideas how to fix it? I''ve looked through the samples and still can''t get them to show. I''ve picked through Progressive Mesh, Enhanced Mesh, and Skinned Mesh. I had a problem before with the camera not showing, but I found this was a radius problem, and since it is so small, the radius (using arcball) put it in front of the front culling plane. I increased the radii coefficient and that works, but these are still broke. The only thing I can figure, is that it has something to do with a skeleton or animation structure. I''m not sure about that last part though, because I''ve pretty much tried all the things done in the samples. Any help is appreciated.