Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grine

weird stuff in games

some games are so fun but have weird little quirks that don''t make any sense. for example, the final fantasy series. i own 7 & 8 and they are incredible fun, but why is it that whenever you go into a town and go inside someone''s home, why don''t they chase you out or scream or something? It doesn''t make sense, becayse in the real world, if i walked into a randomly picked house, there''d be about a 99.8% chance of them freaking out at me. Anyway, if you can think of other weird things like this, post a new message here. If you invent a time machine and travel back and forward through time, what would happen if you travelled to the time when the Universe doesn''''t exist anymore?

quote:

some games are so fun but have weird little quirks that don''t make any sense. for example, the final fantasy series. i own 7 & 8 and they are incredible fun, but why is it that whenever you go into a town and go inside someone''s home, why don''t they chase you out or scream or something? It doesn''t make sense, becayse in the real world, if i walked into a randomly picked house, there''d be about a 99.8% chance of them freaking out at me.

Anyway, if you can think of other weird things like this, post a new message here.

thats weird!?...LOL! what I think is weird is this concept that games must measure up to our expectations of situations found in the "real world".

I meen we don''t think it is weird when you leave town and fight monsters do we? (not even in the real world ''darkages'' would you fight dragons, orks, or even see a elf).

we don''t think it is weird that charactors have "magical powers"

we don''t think it''s weird when we shoot some bad guy in a FPS point blank with a 12 guage shotgun and he flyes back 20 feet into a wall (in the real world the dude with the gun would get knocked back just as far...this is just basic physics)

given all that (and lots more) I find it weird that you find "people not freaking out when entering into thier house" weird.

but I guess I''m weird

I think it''s odd when I leave a village in an RPG, only to return a year later( in game time) and find the person still standing in the same spot for a year. Don''t npcs get tired?!

It''s kinda fun laughing at all these quirks though...