Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myopic Rhino

It's time to play the moderator game again

Myopic Rhino    2315
I''m looking for a new moderator for this forum, so I''m going to give you all a chance to chime in on who that person should be. So, if there is someone you''d like to nominate (and no, it won''t count against you if you nominate yourself), either post here or send me an e-mail. The two things that I''m looking for (in order of importance) are (1) someone who has been exceptionally helpful in replying to other people''s posts, in the DirectX forum or elsewhere, and (2) a sound knowledge of DirectX. I won''t be making my decision until early next week.
Dave "Myopic Rhino" Astle Executive Producer and COO, GameDev.net Game Programmer, Avalanche Software Author, OpenGL Game Programming "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Jim Adams    440
If it hasn''t already been decided, I''d like to throw my name in the hat. I always try to be helpful, and have a good knowledge of DirectX.

Jim Adams

thedo    124
I would like to nominate S1CA AND Jim Adams.
Both seem to spend so much time on the forum helping both beginners and more competant programmers. It''s nice to see such help from the proffesional end of the business.

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!

Promit    13246
I can''t say im totally perfect, but im nearly so
Still, I have been anwering every post i can help out in and that there are no answers, and I have a very sound knowledge of DirectX(most of it, not just graphics).
So ya know, consider me.

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

S1CA    1418
While I''m honoured to be nominated, unfortunately development is really starting to move up a gear on our current game so I doubt I''d have the time/energy to do the job of moderator properly (on top of the usual posting I do).

Cheers,

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
How about me :o). Just give "Anonymous Poster" moderator rights. Just playing with you''s, I really don''t have any suggestions though as I don''t frequent the board very often (as you can see by the lack of a name).

Billy - BillyB@mrsnj.com

CaptainJester    523
I nominate Drunken Hyena. He seems to have a sound knowledge of DirectX(I have done some of his tutorials). He also always posts helpful tips. I would have also nominated S1CA, but he already said he can''t do it.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home

thedo    124
Shame S1CA can''t do it. Jim Adams it is then for me. He seems to have a good sense of what is helping (rather than directly showing you the exact way - where''s the fun in that?)

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!

Myopic Rhino    2315
quote:
Original post by S1CA
While I''m honoured to be nominated, unfortunately development is really starting to move up a gear on our current game so I doubt I''d have the time/energy to do the job of moderator properly (on top of the usual posting I do).

Cheers,

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com
That''s too bad, although I assumed that''d be the case. As the people in this thread have mentioned, you''ve been incredibly helpful in your posts, both here and elsewhere (i.e. the DXDEV list, and the Lionhead forums - which I unfortunately haven''t had the time to frequent for a a couple of years).

To everyone else, keep the suggestions coming. As I said, I won''t be making a decision until next week. In the meantime, I won''t be commenting on any of the nominations. The only person I''ll respond to is the person we (the staff) select. As always when making these posts, I have a short list of people who I think would do a good job (several of whom have been suggested already), so my main purpose in posting is to see if I''m on target, and to make sure there isn''t someone I overlooked.

max621    139
I vote for mr. Eric "KingsRevenge" Wright

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
President/Programmer/Expert on stuff
||--------------------------||

Guardian_Light    122
I''d like to nominate myself for the following reasons...

1/ Kevin qouted me in you''re OpenGL book. I only really found that out recently.... crazy eh? ;-)

2/ I''ve no interest in OpenGL what so ever (yet... I still have to read the book =)

3/ I''ve been using directX since version 5.

4/ I''ve been around GameDev for the better of two years now...

I don''t really think I should be moderator ( I''m more of the quiet type) but what the heck, maybe some one will discover humour in my reasons, no?

"If all that matters is what you get in the end, why go through life?
~Michael Sikora

kmsixpence    134
KingsRevenge and Jim Adams are both execelent. KingsRevenge has replied to more of my posts than Jim but Jim''s posts were slightly more useful. I''d have to go with...Jim because of his knolecge with DirectX including all of the help with skinned meshes.

dankydoo    122
There is no doubt in my mind that CrazedGenious should be the moderator:

He posts on nearly every topic with accurate and to the point answers.

He seems very mature, I never see any flaming.

It seems as if he has an endless knowledge of DirectX and graphics programming in general.

My two cents.

dankydoo

BitBlt    386
So is furby leaving or what? He just became the moderator last year. Maybe he''s getting *gasp*, fired. j/k

Make games, it''s fun