It's time to play the moderator game again

Started by
27 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 22 years, 2 months ago
Shame S1CA can''t do it. Jim Adams it is then for me. He seems to have a good sense of what is helping (rather than directly showing you the exact way - where''s the fun in that?)

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by S1CA
While I''m honoured to be nominated, unfortunately development is really starting to move up a gear on our current game so I doubt I''d have the time/energy to do the job of moderator properly (on top of the usual posting I do).

Cheers,

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com
That''s too bad, although I assumed that''d be the case. As the people in this thread have mentioned, you''ve been incredibly helpful in your posts, both here and elsewhere (i.e. the DXDEV list, and the Lionhead forums - which I unfortunately haven''t had the time to frequent for a a couple of years).

To everyone else, keep the suggestions coming. As I said, I won''t be making a decision until next week. In the meantime, I won''t be commenting on any of the nominations. The only person I''ll respond to is the person we (the staff) select. As always when making these posts, I have a short list of people who I think would do a good job (several of whom have been suggested already), so my main purpose in posting is to see if I''m on target, and to make sure there isn''t someone I overlooked.

Cripes, I was about to give my vote to S1CA also. Adams would be the runner up I guess.
My vote was going to S1CA or Promit. Well, forefeit S1CA and you''ve got my vote.

----
Herb M. (mdfmKoRn)
www.sky-meyg.com
s3202@attbi.com
I nominate CrazedGenius. Now that I think about it, there are a lot of really really smart DX programmers out there.

Moe''s site
I vote for mr. Eric "KingsRevenge" Wright

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
President/Programmer/Expert on stuff
||--------------------------||
||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||
I''ll be assigning the moderator tomorrow, so if anyone else has a suggestion or would like to volunteer, speak up now.
I would volunteer if I wasn''t heading into final exams in the next 2 weeks...

Moe''s site
I feel KingsRevenge should be the moderator. I see him fit for the job. He is also a writer a nexe.gamedev.net.
Addicted Technolagy Raven Engine - Join Us :)
I''d like to nominate myself for the following reasons...

1/ Kevin qouted me in you''re OpenGL book. I only really found that out recently.... crazy eh? ;-)

2/ I''ve no interest in OpenGL what so ever (yet... I still have to read the book =)

3/ I''ve been using directX since version 5.

4/ I''ve been around GameDev for the better of two years now...

I don''t really think I should be moderator ( I''m more of the quiet type) but what the heck, maybe some one will discover humour in my reasons, no?

"If all that matters is what you get in the end, why go through life?
~Michael Sikora

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement