DrawText

Started by
1 comment, last by intrest86 22 years, 3 months ago
Oooohh.... I hate posting questions that I think I should be able to figure out, but I have wasted enough time on it. I am making my Window Class for my GUI in D3D8, and I am trying to draw text in the correct relation with the window. I am now thinking the best way to do this would be to draw the text to a texture and apply it to the TitleBar Surface. Does nyone know how I would Do this? My second question regards a weird text problem I have. When I use Draw text I get weird results. I have A bounding box that is more than large enough to hold my text, but it ends up either clipped, or spewed around randomly, with something like the bottom on the top, and the top on the bottom. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? If I am not clear, tell me and I will try again.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Advertisement
Have you looked at the code for CD3DFont? I think it will answer many of these questions.
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
I''m using ID3DXFont without problems. Perhaps you could post some screenshots of what''s going on and the code you are using to generate the text?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement