Loading textures from resources...

Started by
22 comments, last by Moogle 22 years, 3 months ago
acutally- looks like I forgot to swap the red and blue in the 32bit bitmap conversion case <.<

oops (didn''t notice cause I haven''t used it- hehe)

Ranger

Advertisement
Obelix, I quoted you and pointed out what the perfect reason to place an image into a resource file is. The splash screen.

If you want some more commonly used examples, images for the gui such as buttons and diagrams. They are used in most win32 apps, so before you post about resource files being a bad alternative, think about what they can be used for.

PS - you don''t have to store image resources as windows bitmaps. You can store anything in there (use data) and then load out of them. EG PNG image files or PE headers or anything you want.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
I think that the anonymous posts was informative. We may disagree about some stuff but I think that original question has been answered. If I knew that people used Windows resource files this way should I have expressed myself more careful.

Dredge-Master, all my posts was about using Windows resource files for loading textures as the subject says. I skip the debate about the best way to load images for a splash screen and the stuff in your PS has been covered in earlier posts.
quote:Original post by Obelix
Dredge-Master, all my posts was about using Windows resource files for loading textures as the subject says. I skip the debate about the best way to load images for a splash screen and the stuff in your PS has been covered in earlier posts.

Acutally no one mentioned a reason to use it, and all you were doing was critising him for putting an image into a resource file.

Then you start getting shitty with people because you''ve been provem wrong about placing only non-alpha channel bitmaps into resources, and also what a valid use for them is.

Now you may want to "skip the debate about the best way to load images for a splash screen" for the very reason that I proved you wrong, but as the first reply to any topic, you really should watch your trap as you never seem to actually try and help anyone, just critisise them.

Moogle asks a valid question (and a sensible one) you flame him, I flame you. Pretty simple isn''t it?

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
quote:Original post by Dredge-Master
Acutally no one mentioned a reason to use it, and all you were doing was critising him for putting an image into a resource file.

I think you are the only one that does not understand that he asked about how to load textures from resource files. Read the subject next time. I also have the impression that he meant that it should be easier and because of that made the joke remark.

quote:
Then you start getting shitty with people because you''ve been provem wrong about placing only non-alpha channel bitmaps into resources, and also what a valid use for them is.

I answered the Anonymous Poster the same way as he talked to me. Using alpha channels bitmaps is more complicated as he mentioned and a valid use for them was not even discussed.

quote:
Now you may want to "skip the debate about the best way to load images for a splash screen" for the very reason that I proved you wrong, but as the first reply to any topic, you really should watch your trap as you never seem to actually try and help anyone, just critisise them.

No, I want to skip the debate about splash screens because I know that you are a complete idiot. I have the same opinions as before and the same argument could be applied for loading images to the splash screen. Anyone interested could read the previous posts, I think that they show the difference. How did you prove me wrong?
I have always tried to give correct information. If I saw something that I belived was a missunderstanding did I also tried to give the information that I belived was correct.

quote:
Moogle asks a valid question (and a sensible one) you flame him, I flame you. Pretty simple isn''t it?

You have not bother to answer his question or even to understand what he asked about. I had absolutley no intention to flame him. I felt your stupidity and desire to flame and tried to avoid it.

OK, this will be my last post here.

I had no point to post information that was already posted by an anon. Why repeat information that has already been given?

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Come on, why do you even bother to lie when everybody can read your previous posts?
I guess I am liar also since I promised to not post anymore but this is just a exorcism exception. I like to clear my system.

Dredge-Master, you have
- flamed me
- spreading a lot of crap
- trying to create conflicts that I tried to avoid
- trying to involve others in your crap
- saying that I have bad intentions and motif, I really does not like this one. This is how a worthless little piece of shit acts.
- following and harassing me you really must have flames
- been totally braindead

I was answering a question and giving the best advice I could. I also tried to explain why I was recommending one solution. It is easy to step on someones toe and I did that but is it not clear that I did not try to flame anyone?
This can be difficult under the best conditions but having some idiot trying to create a flamewar is simply too much.

May I also ask why he is not banned?

People can read.

Go sequentially through the posts of yourself and mine, and you will understand it.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
I gave you the opportunity to elaborate I also pointed out that you missed the subject. What did you want from me? Nobody here has any obligation to discuss anything with you. I certainly gave your stupid and offtopic posts more attention than they deserved.

And if that nonsense you are bragging about would be true? Suppose that I had so little selfrespect and it was depending on this technical stuff and I could not admit that you have superior arguments. You would flame me trying to rub it into my face.
You are disgusting.
I gave you the opportunity to elaborate I also pointed out that you missed the subject. What did you want from me? Nobody here has any obligation to discuss anything with you. I certainly gave your stupid and offtopic posts more attention than they deserved.

And if that nonsense you are bragging about would be true? Suppose that I had so little selfrespect and it was depending on this technical stuff and I could not admit that you have superior arguments. You would flame me trying to rub it into my face.
You are disgusting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement