space ship models

Started by
35 comments, last by ibolcina 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi! Iam looking for 3d models of space ships. Do you know any free set of models. I would need at least 3 fighters and one capital ship. Iam working on a space shooter. I have been searching net without much success. I need low polygon models, but with textures. I was only able to find one ship from here, one from another place, and they didnt fit together. For now my game is only for my own learning and expirimenting, but it might go shareware one day. I would be happy to include nice 3d models in it.
Advertisement
I''ll try to make some for you, but I don''t know how to put the textures in, so you need some one else to do that for you. I''ll post it up when I''m finish!

sheng
sheng
Super!!!

This is great.I can''t tell you how much I appreciate this.
Here are some technical notes:

Are you using 3DStudio max? I think there you apply texture in the materials section.Please export models as 3DS files or even better, export them as 3DS and convert with program Crossroads (http://home.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads) to .x files. Check that textures are .bmp files and not to big.
here's the 3d max file www.dpso.net/Games/itis/fans/fly1.zip
you'll need 3dmax R3 to open this up.

here's how it look like

sheng
I'll do more and fix this up later!

Here what you can help me and you, give more detail on how to add texture on it, I'll do the rest in textured models!

thinks

Edited by - sheng on January 11, 2002 2:59:02 PM
sheng
I don't know what kind of ship you want, is it for a arcade shooter or for a space sim?

here's a new ship:

you can find the file at www.dpso.net/Games/itis/fans/fly2.zip

you can find the file at www.dpso.net/Games/itis/fans/massfly1.zip
sheng

Edited by - sheng on January 12, 2002 6:25:55 AM
sheng
Are you guy out there?

sheng
sheng
What file format do you want them in? I can probably hack something together in Milkshape 3d if you really want.

Moe''s site
Hi!
Those ships look very good! Thank you.
I will try to put them in game tonight!

About format. X file would be the best, since game is in DirectX and DirectX uses X as its native format. X can be converted from 3DS.

Game is space sim.

About how you put texture onto it, i will ask one friend who knows 3d studio.

great work!

Hi!

Can you make 3DS or X files, since I cannot use max files.
I''ll change the files to .x they are in 3d max format right now!

here''s what I''m working on so you guy can join me after you finish, if you want.

I''ll be back later on.

sheng
sheng

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement