"Borrowing Art"

Started by
2 comments, last by Kandolo 22 years, 3 months ago
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any good place of royalty free models? Particularly of body parts? I'm currently working on a project to use for a portfolio for my masters in game production. I've completely failed finding a modeler/animator and decided to give it a go on my own. A long time ago I downloaded some body parts (I forget where) and now have some really good results! (See below, the chest, legs, and arms I borrowed, I did the entire face and head and thoroughly edited the rest of the limbs... [Quick disclaimer: I am NOT taking credit for other peoples work! I'm only "portfolioing" what I contributed]) Here's a close up of the head... I just need a crutch Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or, hey, lol, I'm still open if anyone else needs to work on their portfolio too lol) Thanks a lot guys... Tommy Edited by - Kandolo on January 11, 2002 3:31:33 PM
- T. Wade Murphy
Advertisement
Oh yeah, here''s another concept scene from the game...

All this was done in Rhino3d too. I really need to learn a better editor!!!
- T. Wade Murphy
as of pretty soon there´s a free maya around.... no exporter though.

Exactly what do you need the models for? I mean, why not do them all by yourself? Looks muuuuuch better if it says "EVERYTHING done by:"
Because I''m horrible at anatomy The head itself was the result of practicing heads for well over a month... Doing that for every basic body part would take forever! lol

And I''m already helping out with programming, doing music, storyline, etc etc... So I''ve got my hands full Even though it doesn''t need to be done until 2 years *shrugs*
- T. Wade Murphy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement