game demo and a question or 2

Started by
24 comments, last by zipless 22 years, 3 months ago
I liked it for a first game and it was fun to play.
I haven''t really played it enough though to find any errors like some other people have (that''s probably a good thing though )

There''s really only one thing that I''d like to see changed and that''s the firing. Possibly having the space bar held to continuously fire as opposed to having to keep pressing it.

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Advertisement
Rixter: Dammit, thats the only problem i had hoped wouldn''t show up. I''ve seen it before but i thought it had been removed, if i could replicate it i could fix it but it happens so rarely that it''s really hard to track down. I''m 99% sure it''s an out of bounds exception. Thanks though cos at least now i know i need to find it.

Looks like in general people want rid of the speeeded up stars, i''d rather speed up the aliens when you do that but then the game would be really really hard.

Nope, the space bar has got to work like it does, maybe if you hold it down i could have a slow repeat rate but the idea is that your hammering at it to beat the last bad guy in time. I think it wokrks pretty good, maybe the last level is a bit hard though, has *anyone* managed to beat it yet?
/* Ignorance is bliss, then you go and spoil it by learning stuff */
Just in case anybody is interested i''ve nailed down and removed the problem that Rixter found and i''ve put in a slightly more helpful message in the event that anyone else has problems sharing the sound resources as well.

So thats it running with zero errors :-) Thanks for the help guys, think i''ll go start planning the AI for part 2 (yes it''ll actually have smart (ish) opponents!)

yo, i get an error when running it, its a sound error, i have a sound blaster live, and then it gives me an gameinit() error, latez
Sorry, but I was unable to get it to run,
I got an error about my sound card.
I closed down every type of sound program
that I had runnning, but it still didn''t work. Perhaps instead of killing the program,
you should ask the player if he/she would
like to play the game without sound. That''s
better than not being able to play at all.

error.txt
###### ERROR REPORT SHEET ######
######
###### For assistance with your problem please contact zipless@jings.com.

####
Error in file: "\Documents and Settings\klm\Desktop\DD_LIB\driverEx.cpp"
ERROR ENTRY: int GameInit(HWND main_window_handle): ERROR: initDSObjects(main_window_handle);
Error Occured at line number: 498
Error code: 0

errorlog.txt
//########## ERROR LOGS ##########

leaks.txt (empty)

vidmem.txt
Tom''s free video memory: 28584k
Tom''s total vid memory: 28584k
Yeah sorry about that, it''s my fault (obviously) cos i left the sound check failing under normal conditions. I''m kicking myself as i type for doing something soooo stupid.

It''s fixed this time, honest ;-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement