Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Guys

This topic is 5812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Guys! I''m So Happy I found Cone3D. Every Time I Saw it on GDnet or the forums, I thought it was some 3d Theory site. So I never checked it out, but now that I know it''s SDL, I think I''ll set it for my homepage. I actually think that writing your own BitmapFont Engine is easier than using the SDL_ttf lib. As long as you have the font made in .bmp format and use the ASCII chart. Anyhoo, Here''s my first game that I''ve ever made (and I finished the Alpha Version only 10 Hours after Beginning to Learn my first SDL_*** function.). It''s pretty bad, but it works. Thanks, oh, and Cone3d: I really like that 3rd Tutorial on Sprites and Animation. And is your Code Completely portable? Thanks, again. -roy [Andrew V]

Wheres the link..

I was looking forward to seeing an SDL game. I''ll be working on a few open source games with good documentation and comments as tutorials as soon as I recieve my new computer. This one is too slow to create any games on.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)

I got it but my computer is slow as heck so it takes about 5 minutes for the ball to get to the paddle. I'm working on an SDL pong game as of now, its a little bit different though. It's pretty good for a game 10 hours after learning. It may not be the nicest pong game ever but its still an accomplishment. Good job, congratulations.

GameDev.net's Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on January 12, 2002 7:30:21 PM

The Final Version is out...''til I catch up on 5 sick days of homework

http://www.instinctdev.com/roysoft/index.php?page=downloads
--THANKS A LOT!

-roy

//#define IRONY -1

Cool. I would just like to let you know that I have an incredibly slow computer - 64 mb of ram, a vodoo 3, and a 200mhz cpu - and it takes about 2 or 3 minutes for the ball to get across the screen.

I am also working on a pong clone, and I was just wondering if you had the source available for your project or something. I understand if you don''t wan''t to release it, I just wanted to compare methods, etc.

It''s pretty nice though. Good job.

GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Hi guys I am also an SDL programmer, But I havent used SDL/Coded so much yet but I sure will do that. Right now am I coding a small game but I will take some time before it will reach any playable version.

I must say that SDL is really great and easy to use.

see you later

// Lubic

Edited by - lubic on January 16, 2002 2:08:42 PM