Hey Guys

Started by
6 comments, last by SuperRoy 22 years, 3 months ago
Hey Guys! I''m So Happy I found Cone3D. Every Time I Saw it on GDnet or the forums, I thought it was some 3d Theory site. So I never checked it out, but now that I know it''s SDL, I think I''ll set it for my homepage. I actually think that writing your own BitmapFont Engine is easier than using the SDL_ttf lib. As long as you have the font made in .bmp format and use the ASCII chart. Anyhoo, Here''s my first game that I''ve ever made (and I finished the Alpha Version only 10 Hours after Beginning to Learn my first SDL_*** function.). It''s pretty bad, but it works. Thanks, oh, and Cone3d: I really like that 3rd Tutorial on Sprites and Animation. And is your Code Completely portable? Thanks, again. -roy [Andrew V]
Sup guys?
Advertisement
Wheres the link..

I was looking forward to seeing an SDL game. I''ll be working on a few open source games with good documentation and comments as tutorials as soon as I recieve my new computer. This one is too slow to create any games on.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Since then, the GDS has been updated...You can find it there under SDL_Pong

-roy

//#define IRONY -1
Sup guys?
I got it but my computer is slow as heck so it takes about 5 minutes for the ball to get to the paddle. I'm working on an SDL pong game as of now, its a little bit different though. It's pretty good for a game 10 hours after learning. It may not be the nicest pong game ever but its still an accomplishment. Good job, congratulations.

GameDev.net's Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on January 12, 2002 7:30:21 PM
The Final Version is out...''til I catch up on 5 sick days of homework

http://www.instinctdev.com/roysoft/index.php?page=downloads
--THANKS A LOT!

-roy

//#define IRONY -1
Sup guys?
Cool. I would just like to let you know that I have an incredibly slow computer - 64 mb of ram, a vodoo 3, and a 200mhz cpu - and it takes about 2 or 3 minutes for the ball to get across the screen.

I am also working on a pong clone, and I was just wondering if you had the source available for your project or something. I understand if you don''t wan''t to release it, I just wanted to compare methods, etc.

It''s pretty nice though. Good job.

GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Drizzt: If you''d like the source, you can email me...

MSN: Cheesemonk13@hotmail.com
AIM: Andyrewww

-roy

//#define IRONY -1
Sup guys?
Hi guys I am also an SDL programmer, But I havent used SDL/Coded so much yet but I sure will do that. Right now am I coding a small game but I will take some time before it will reach any playable version.

I must say that SDL is really great and easy to use.

see you later

// Lubic

Edited by - lubic on January 16, 2002 2:08:42 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement