A personal Request

Started by
11 comments, last by ARID 22 years, 3 months ago
Has the world gotten lazy? I am getting sick of this people who come into the forums and just post a question without putting any effort at all into figureing it out them selfs. You don''t learn if someone gives you the answer. So people I beg of you serch the internet or just gamedev quickly first chances are someone already has done or fixed what your asking about. After that search the forums this souldn''t take more than 15 min in which time you will have learned how to fix it or do it on your own, if you haven''t then ask your question. A man walks into a bar.....ouch!?! Ya get it, do ya huh huh well....awww I give up.
A man walks into a bar.....ouch!?! Ya get it, do ya huh huh well....awww I give up.
Advertisement
It''s been reqested many times now. This post probably hasn''t had an impact on even one person, but I will say that I agree.

But, if the questions are so simple why don''t we/you/everyone just take the time to answer it? I mean, theres a pretty good chance that some newbie is going to browse the forums and see a question answered that he needed the answer to, and he wont post.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Good Point man ....

"The Railgun Master"
DaHeR
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
I think we should make an exception for the real newbies. You can''t blame anyone that they don''t read the manual if they don''t know where to find the manual!
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
This is a site to help people, I help them even if the question is stupid (if I can anyways). The only ones I truely hate are the baiters. People who post things like "OpenGL vs DirectX"! GRRRR!!!! I haven''t truely been on these forums THAT long, and I''ve seen it dozens of times.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
First post sounds like the FAQs. But noone actually reads those things, right...?

Trust me, I feel your pain.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Forum FAQ''s? Most of them lack FAQ''s!! They should make them for all of the forums and have a huge button saying . I still help the people, but it WOULD be nice. But what can I say, I''m a dreamer!

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Some of you guys suck! A real pro helps out even if the question is "stupid". The ones of you who consider yourselfs "elite" simply go somewhere else. If you guys keep shuving "newbees" of, eventually they''ll stop coming here. I myself know only very little OpenGL but i know lot''s about teaching. Fact is, that questions coming from beginners (in any subject) are often harder to answer (and give you more to think about) than thoose coming from pro''s.

/Ekas

- I Can''t believe i got a ticket for speeding at 0150h km/h..Next time i''ll speed in decimal.
______________________________Only dead fish go with the main-stream.
Ekas78:
Good point. The biggest reason for that is probably that the pros know enough about the subject that they are asking the questions, to know what to ask. Newbies on the other hand don''t usually know enough about the subjects that they are asking about, and therefore, they can''t always ask the question as it should be asked, and that sometimes makes it hard for them to search for information on it. I have found that the more that I know about any given subject, the quicker I can find new information on that subject, and therefore, the less questions I have to ask. I know I don''t like to see some of the stupid questions, just as much as everyone else, but if it''s one that I know the answer to, then I will try to answer the question in a way that they can understand.

j.w.
Again it''s time to use that quote:

There are no stupid questions,
Only stupid people.

"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement