• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShawMishrak

Acquiring a surface object from a texture.

This topic is 5976 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In order to incorporate rendering to a texture into my engine, I need to be able to grab the surface object that is associated with a texture object. The following line of code always faults: pD3DRenderedTex->GetSurfaceLevel(0, &pD3DTextureZTarget); pD3DRenderedTex is a IDirect3DTexture8 object and pD3DTextureZTarget is a IDirect3DSurface8 object. I believe the error is occuring since pD3DRenderedTex has not been initialized. This is the first reference to it. However, I do not know how I would go about initializing this object. Can anyone please shed some light on this topic, or any or problems that might be causing this. I do initialize all the objects to NULL in the constructor of the rendering class.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!