#define IDM_EXIT 102

#define IDM_COLOR 103

#define IDM_LOW 104

#define IDM_HIGH 105

#define IDM_FONT 106

#define IDM_RESOLUTION 107

#define IDM_HELP 108

#define IDM_TIME 500

When I tried to compile Menu.rc, an error message was shown: --------------------Configuration: Menu - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling resources... C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Visual C++ files\Menu\Menu.h(10) : fatal error RC1004: unexpected end of file found Error executing rc.exe. Menu.res - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) I have no idea what went wrong. Any comments? The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant Edited by - savagerx on January 12, 2002 12:31:47 PM Edited by - savagerx on January 12, 2002 12:35:08 PM
The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant
Advertisement
am not sure oki, but aren''t those define things be on top? under #include but before your MyMenu,

and what is this thing
///---------
Menu.h code:
///---------

doing in the middle of your code? i think that''s the reason why you get the unexpected error, hope am correct,
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
How do you post code like that? if you copy and paste straight outta vc++ does it do it?, or should i copy and paste into frontpage and then copy and paste into here?
quote:Original post by garconbifteck
How do you post code like that? if you copy and paste straight outta vc++ does it do it?, or should i copy and paste into frontpage and then copy and paste into here?

Read the FAQ.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Got this after a single search for RC1004. Don''t forget, MSDN is your friend!

SYMPTOMS
The resource compiler generates the following errors when the .RC file includes a .H file whose last line is a define (that is, there was no final carriage return at the end of the #define statement):

fatal error RC1004: unexpected EOF

CAUSE
The resource compiler preprocessor follows C syntax. A newline character is required on a #define statement.

RESOLUTION
Add a carriage return following the #define.

Oh... I see!

Thank you Anonymous Poster!

The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant
Savagerx...been hand editing that .rc file have you?

Yap, but I heard that there is one "editor" included in the VC++ package which can handle these tedious tasks right?
B''cos I''m new to VC++ IDE, may anyone guide me on how-to use it?

TKX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement