Xbox x Play Station2

Started by
6 comments, last by manuelb 22 years, 3 months ago
Someone said that the Xbox is based on Pentium III PC, and they had to put the 3D processor in the same CI as the Pentium because the PC''s bus like AGP can''t be as fast as a video game bus.... I had Played on a Play Station 2. I can''t belive that xbox is better than PSX2. Never a Pentium III pc with the best 3D card could prosses like that. And the load time is very very short. The PSX2 has be designed to a video game. And the Xbox is a adaptation (..microsoft.. :[ ). Someone that knows Xbox can answer-me. Who has the best hardware? Xbox or PSX2? Sorry my English. -------------------------- Rory Gallagher blues will never die. ---------------------------
--------------------------Rory Gallagher and Chico Science music !!!!!!!---------------------------____||~~~~|/TT
Advertisement
The xbox has the fastest, strongest hardware.
It''s almost 2 times stronger than ps2 (I read somewhere)
The XBOX uses a pentium 3 733MHz CPU, an NVIDIA GPU which is based on the geforce 3 but it is a little faster than the geforce 3. The XBOX also has 64MB of unified memory meaning both the CPU and the GPU uses the same memory. This way memory access is very fast. Goto some of the xbox websites, they tell you more on the hardware in more detail.

-SirKnight
XBOX is NOT just a stripped down PC. (i.e. it doesn''t use the SLOW PCI bus) it uses Hyper Transport. man, there are like a thousand differences. why not try reading the specs. and then try reading about the technology behind the specs.

anyway, XBOX is the better hardware. however, hardware is nothing without software. RISC is better hardware than the old x86 chipset but look how long RISC took to come about. why? because of software.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
Someone knows something about Play station 2 hardware?
A Pentium III whith Gforce 3 and some fast access RAM is 2x faster then PSX2? Who played Tony Hanks Pro Skater 3 on PSX2 can''t belive that.
--------------------------Rory Gallagher and Chico Science music !!!!!!!---------------------------____||~~~~|/TT
Xbox is better than PS2( not PSX2!), but that doesn´t really mean anything. PS2 is much slower (290MHZ) its graphics are not so good, and Xbox uses Doulby Surround Sound 5.1. But PS2 has (until now) the best games; GT3, THPS3, FFX, Devil May Cry, GTA3...
OK, if you said, so I belive that Xbox is better than PS2(sorry that "PSX2"). I''ve asked this because everyone say that Xbox is better but, in some magazines they say that the PS2 has the best games. Who knows RISC processor nows that clock ferquence does not define the true speed.
Microsoft is so good in marketing. But I belive the Xbox hardware is better.
Thank you for the answers. And sorry my English.
OK, if you said, so I belive that Xbox is better than PS2(sorry that "PSX2"). I''ve asked this because everyone say that Xbox is better but, in some magazines they say that the PS2 has the best games. Who knows RISC processor nows that clock ferquence does not define the true speed.
Microsoft is so good in marketing. But I belive the Xbox hardware is better.
Thank you for the answers. And sorry my English.

--------------------------
Rory Gallagher blues will never die.
---------------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement