Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OpenGL Game programming

This topic is 5817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey i was wondering what you guys think of the book OpenGL Game Programming I have experience in directx not direct3d tho jst direct draw bt im startin to like microsoft less and less so im thinking of buyin this book and have read some reviews by ppl bt was wonderin what u smart ppl think about it and the authors can comment on it 2 thx.

i''ve never read that book. however, if you are going to do OpenGL programming i must recommend the Red Book, also known as The OpenGL Reference Manual. it''s also available online.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

I personally loved the book. It has a nice lay out and style. The code is easy to read and the examples are clear.

I was pretty much where you are now when I read it and I found it very helpful. It has taught me a lot and with a few other online sources I am now at what I would call a very comfortable level of expertise with the API.

By the way the red book is also a great source to learn from and is freely available at:

http://ask.ii.uib.no/ebt-bin/nph-dweb/dynaweb/SGI_Developer/OpenGL_PG/

And I have been told the Blue Book is also a good source, but I havent read this one yet. That one can be found at:

http://ask.ii.uib.no/ebt-bin/nph-dweb/dynaweb/SGI_Developer/OpenGL_RM/

Hope Ive Helped,
Crash,

"We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000

"If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001