DirectShow and TextOut over AVI

Started by
4 comments, last by wrice 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi all, Now, i can play AVI file by DirectShow (using of IGraphBuilder and ...) But, then.. I want to display some text over the AVI when play movie. How can i? thank u for answer -wrice-
thank u
Advertisement
Hi, i''m not really good at DirectX, but I am trying to learn it well, anyway, how about taking the device context and just set them equal to the avi function and the font function, i think that may render both to the same window. just a thought, i''m not great with directx yet but who knows.
It cannot do with DirectShow.

even now, I want to solve this problem.
come on other answers...
thank u
I hate to say it, but if you're rendering an AVI to a window using DirectShow (not to some sort of off-screen surface) you may have trouble putting text over it.

The reason is that your video card is likely to put the AVI frame memory in an overlay surface, so it can use hardware to assist the AVI decoding, and this buffer is not copied to the actual primary buffer that you are dealing with.

Of course, it IS possible - DVD player apps do this, but I don't know how at the moment.

- Pete

Edited by - siaspete on February 10, 2002 9:20:49 AM
The best thing to do is render the AVI file on a surface and display it with D3D. Then you can use 3D objects if you want or text or any other graphical items. Take a look at the Texture 3D sample in the SDK. HTH!

Arcus
Arcus
but if you dont need 3d features you can have directshow render to a surface and then render what you want to the surface before you blit to primary buffer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement