Futuristic FPS

Started by
6 comments, last by desertfoxer 22 years, 3 months ago
Ok guys I have an idea for a futuristic FPS set in another universe. It will have humans, aliens, robots and other various characters all entangled in a galactic war. You however are a merc (human), not allied with any side, just doing what you are asked for cash. You will travel through 8-10 planets (sometimes during battles) to complete different objectives. The planet types will vary and will all be inhabited by many different types of characters. You will choose missions from a rather large list at your "HQ" and each will present a different cash reward with various other incentives. You may choose to ally yourself with a "side" and take missions from only this group gaining their trust and possibly their funding to upgrade weapons, armor, experience and your ultimate goal which has not been figured out yet =). I would like some comments on this idea good or bad and would like to see some additions to it as well. I need a good story to go with this idea. Desert Fox, Ian Cheshire "Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Desert Fox,Ian Cheshire"Don''t fight a battle if you don''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Advertisement
It would be good if who you allied with affected which side won in the game''s plot.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

How did the merc get signed up? Does he / she have any other motivation than just money?
I am trying to think of other reasons for you to fight, its hard =)

Desert Fox
Ian Cheshire

"Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Desert Fox,Ian Cheshire"Don''t fight a battle if you don''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
I know! I know!
How about this:
You are a mercenary for hire. But while everyone thinks you just do it for the money, the real (and cliched) reason is:
You lost your parents at the hands of (insert name of planetary leader/race here) and you want revenge.
So you become a trained killer/assassin, waiting for the day you can finally get revenge...

Eh? How's that? Orrrrr you could come up with something original, but who does that anymore ;-)

Edited by - GBGames on January 13, 2002 3:05:00 PM
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
Hmmm... I am finding out that thinking of new things to give games that certain edge over the competition, is... hard =)

Desert Fox,
Ian Cheshire

"Don''t fight a battle if you don''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel

Edited by - desertfoxer on January 13, 2002 9:43:20 PM
Ah coming up with the desired features is the easy part. Figuring out when to stop and just implementing it...that''s the tough part, although not difficult. It is just kind of hard to say, "Hey we have this great idea...buuuuut we''re gonna have to leave it out if we''re ever gonna finish this game"
That happened to Yoshi in the original Super Mario Bros and recently in Black & White. They had the idea of a dinasaur in SMB for a long time before Yoshi ever appeared.
And Peter M finally had to tell his people to stop coming up with ideas and just code after B&W was about 3 years in development.
But if you create easy to use yet powerful tools, and you get the staff to do it, anything is possible.

-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
I am not going to put this game out until I get it to a point where I think it will earn a 90% or higher in PC Gamer. I am going to take my time writing the code and designing this game... no rush.

Desert Fox,
Ian Cheshire

"Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement