d3dim.lib in dx8.1

Started by
6 comments, last by Greven 22 years, 3 months ago
Can anyone tell me the reasoning to leave d3dim.lib out of the dx8.1 sdk? If it is supposed to be backward compatible why doesn''t it include that lib file! ARGH! It''s just frustrating to try and compile an engine that uses dx7 and not have that one little lib that it needs to compile. Anyone know of a good work around? I have the dx7 sdk, would it hurt anything to install that too? Or is that just a waste of space for one lib file Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven
Advertisement
I''m assuming no one has an answer to this one yet...

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
I do believe IM has been drop by MS well combined into d3d like DirectDraw. Look thru the docs. I remember seeing it somewhere but i can not find it now.

Dave
Don''t re-install DirectX 7

use implib to generate a .lib file from the d3dim.dll file (located windows\system directory)

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
I just did a search for implib on my system and I don''t have such a beast... Where can I get it, and how does it work?

you should have implib with your compiler. It reads in a dll file (in your case d3dim.dll) and generates a lib file for it (for you compiler).

What compiler are you using?

Neil

I''ve got Visual Studio 6 Enterprise. I installed almost all of the tools... Just did another search on my system for *implib*.* and it came back with nothin.

Well if ot''s not there it''s not there.
If I remember correctly though, all the lib files are on the DirectX 7 SDK CD - you don''t need to install the SDK, just copy the file.

Neil

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement