IDE question

Started by
15 comments, last by azaxaca 22 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by mathfeel
In VC++, when you type in a function, it helps you by popping a little yellow tips that shows the data type of the parameters...this works with CreateWindow, and function in and those I defined myself...but it doesn''t seems to work with those gl functions, (I just downloaded the VC++ tutorial from this site)? Anybody knows solution?

VC 6 has a file named sysincl.dat that lists all the names of the header files to exclude from the tooltip and auto complete type stuff. I haven''t tried it myself but why not see if removing the references to the ogl headers fixes the problem (they are in the file - I''ve looked) ?

HTH,
t0ne

Slightly shrimpy smell == unsafe breadbin
Advertisement
quote:Original post by ATronic
Nope. Metrowerks Codewarrior has a button you click that drops down a menu listing all functions. Not classes though.

CodeWarrior 7 has a "Class heirachy window" that shows all the classes in the project (rather than per source file) and the inheritance relationships. Sadly it includes all the standard classes too, and there''s no option to hide them, so it can be tricky spotting your own classes.
well, yes, gl*.h is in sysincl.dat...but so is windows.h which shows up on help...so that didn''t work...thanks for the suggestion though...any other idea?
Well it was worth a shot - the MSDN says that the info is pre-compiled and stored in .NCB files, and the tools to create these yourself have not been published (yet)

When you''re using Visual C++, I have to recommend the excellent Visual Assist. Take a look at the features and you''ll want to buy it immediately. After working with it for an hour, you''ll never want to work without it again.

No, I don''t have shares in Whole Tomato. I just think it''s that good!

Kippesoep
to get the argument viewer for functions in visual c++, first
you must save the note pad as cpp
if that doesnt work
i think you have to compile it at least once...but that doesnt
make sense

ok anyways, another question, for all the IDE''s that has the
class heirachy feature, are any one free for use??? i mean
as free as dev-c++ is???

-------------------------
..I still dont get the difference between c and c++...
Visual Assist is a GREAT tool.
I aggree.
and I dont have any stock either.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement