IDE question

Started by
15 comments, last by azaxaca 22 years, 3 months ago
is visual c++ the only IDE with a feature that helps organize classes? the feature im talking about is the box on the left side of visual c++ with a line on top saying "FileName classes" and right under it, it lists all functions and classes and structs of the file. just curious.. --------------------- ..I still dont get the difference between c and c++...
..I still dont get the difference between c and c++...
Advertisement
Nope. Metrowerks Codewarrior has a button you click that drops down a menu listing all functions. Not classes though. Just the same, I assure you that msvc++ is not the only one. The chances of that are nill.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
In VC++, when you type in a function, it helps you by popping a little yellow tips that shows the data type of the parameters...this works with CreateWindow, and function in and those I defined myself...but it doesn''t seems to work with those gl functions, (I just downloaded the VC++ tutorial from this site)? Anybody knows solution?
Not sure if it''ll help, but try compiling browse information. Should be in the Project options.
Sorry, that doesn''t help...any other suggestion?
borland c++ builder does aswell. I forgot if the later versions of borland c++ did though (don''t remember it being there).

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
quote:Original post by Dredge-Master
borland c++ builder does aswell. I forgot if the later versions of borland c++ did though (don''t remember it being there).

Borland C++ 5.x (I''m not sure if it was only in Enterprise or Professional or above though) had a class browser, but it was somewhat more hidden (up in one of the menus or something).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Yup, your right. Just pulled out the user guid for version 5, and it is in there. Seems like it is in all of them editions of version 5. I have version 2 and 4 somewhere but I really can''t be bothered checking them

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
IIRC, kdevelop has a class view similar to MSVC''s
quote:Original post by alargeduck
IIRC, kdevelop has a class view similar to MSVC''s

That''s because KDevelop is a clone of the MSVC IDE.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement