Changine text in window console

Started by
0 comments, last by Ecko 22 years, 3 months ago
I''ve searched through msdn and couldn''t find out how to do this. On a windows(NT) console if you right click on the title and go to properties you can change the font and font size (along with a lot of other stuff along with it). Since this can be done there has to be some way to program it. If anyone knows how to program it then please respond with a description or a link. thanks in advance, -ecko ----------------------------------------------------------- "People who usualy use the word pedantic usualy are pedantic!"-me
-----------------------------------------------------------"People who usualy use the word pedantic usualy are pedantic!"-me
Advertisement
The only way I have found so far is by fooling around in the registry. You need to pay attention to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\FaceName and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes. You want the first to be set to Lucida Console (the only available option by default), and then set the substitute key Lucida Console : REG_SZ : Courier New to change the font to Courier New.

Note that you can only use fixed-width fonts, nothing fancy like Times New Roman, etc. Also note that this only works under Win2k and it is an unsupported hack!

Finally, the fact that Windows itself can change the font doesn''t necessarily mean that functionality is exposed through the Win32 API. Also keep in mind that there are undocumented Win32 API functions.

Happy Hacking!

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement