HELP!!! I get this message when I try to compile 6.3 of "tricks.."

Started by
9 comments, last by postulate 22 years, 3 months ago
I'm not sure what is causing this, but when I try to compile it I get this. This goes with most of the code in the book. compiling message: demo6_3.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw4 Debug/space.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Edited by - postulate on January 13, 2002 12:20:03 AM
Advertisement
Ahm, your C++ installation is damaged. Deinstall Windows and install it again. Then install DirectX (which is a sub-component of OpenGL) and then C++. Start C++ with the command line option: --use-vc6-compatible-mode --O3. Then it should work.

Kneelz
Kneelz: Hilarious. Really. (moan)

postulate: Link with ddraw.lib
kneelz, i really hope that was sarcasm

yes once i got a message the said "syntax error missing ";" before...." so i re installed windows, but i still got it. then i upgraded to win ME and it worked fined......

postulate like anon said, you have to link to ddraw.lib

Edited by - yb legal on January 14, 2002 6:25:55 AM
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. -Mark Twain
hilarious... already fucking linked it smart ass.
Some people just get a kick from putting other people down. Just don''t listen to them.

Did you define INITGUID somewhere before you include DDraw.h ?

#define INIGUID
#include "ddraw.h"

If you don''t want to define it, you could as well link with "dxguid.lib". It contains all the symbols.
Kill mages first!
Did you link with dxguid.lib also? Or #define INITGUID, wich does the same thing?

Askadar: oops, didn't notice your reply

Edited by - LNK2001 on January 14, 2002 4:18:11 PM
"-1 x -1 = +1 is stupid and evil."-- Gene Ray
Well, when I look at your name, I have to admit it was your job...
Kill mages first!
thanks dxguid.lib solved my problem. I much appreciate the help.
err i was reffering to kneelz- smart ass

if you thought i was putting you down, i wasnt. i just found kneelz "solution" amusing
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. -Mark Twain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement