C++ Program like Frontpage2002?

Started by
6 comments, last by desertfoxer 22 years, 3 months ago
Do professional programmers use any programs to help them write C++ code? Is there such a think as a "Frontpage" for C++? I know its a stupid question but hey =) Desert Fox, Ian Cheshire "Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Desert Fox,Ian Cheshire"Don''t fight a battle if you don''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Advertisement
I use the wde4 (Weissenborn Development Environment). It produces the best code for me. And the best feature of all, it has support for voice-control.

Kneelz.
Well, in MS Visual C++ there are a few things to assist your code writing. One would be a "Class Wizard" which creates a class to your specification[single inheritance, etc] and on a broader level there is an "Application Wizard" which will create a ''base'' application. These are by no means up to the same customizability (isthataword?) level that FrontPage has but once you create an application, like a dialog-based application, you can use an editor to create buttons and other controls where you''d like them. If you like the idea of a "front page" style editing system, you might wish to try Visual Basic.

Good day.
[xian]
I think he means a program to create C++ code for you in a visual environment...

There are "AuthorWares" That can create .exe files for you. Check out 3d game studio (kinda expensive...), game creator (its free, but it sucks), Games Factory (Its $30, unless you can find a keycode ;p ), or Klik & Play (A Simpler version of Games Factory, but its free - Cannot sell your games though)
Both Games Factory and Klik & Play can be found at www.clickteam.com

"I've learned something today: It doesn't matter if you're white, or if you're black...the only color that REALLY matters is green"
-Peter Griffin

Edit: No professionals use these, because they limit what you can do, and they're not as fast as if you were to program in C++.

Edited by - matrix2113 on January 15, 2002 5:36:43 PM
"I've learned something today: It doesn't matter if you're white, or if you're black...the only color that really matters is green"-Peter Griffin
Thanks guys... I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and learn C++ =)

Desert Fox,
Ian Cheshire

"Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Desert Fox,Ian Cheshire"Don''t fight a battle if you don''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
C++ Builder lets you do C++ in a visual(Visual C++ really isnt very visual) environment - check it out.

Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Does C++ Builder help if you are going to make a PC Game?

Desert Fox,
Ian Cheshire

"Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel
Not really. It''s more aimed at GUI application RAD. Not that it''d be worse, but it won''t help you specifically.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement