Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Promit

How to render to places you really shouldnt

Promit    13246
Ive been experimenting lately with giving D3D hWnds that aren''t my own. YOu can use one of several different ways to "grab" a hWnd from where the mouse is or something. I discovered, however, that the most interesting way is to use random boolean operators on several different hWnds inside your program. It gave me 10 minutes of fun watching sections of my demo being rendered to one of the buttons in Norton Antivirus. You can even give in random hWnds. as another alternative, use Spy++. Just choose a hWnd and type it in. Render to one of the MSVC windows if you want. Lots and lots of fun, i tell you. WOrks with OpenGL too. This is a great something for those moments when you are damned bored! ----------------------------- The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

core    106
O/T: I love Spy++, it''s simply fantastic. Whenever I do programming, I have MSVC and MSDN and other things running all the time. Rather than start all of these up manually, I got bored/lazy and wrote a program to do it. The reason I didn''t just use a batch file is that when MSVC''s Help feature is activated, it creates a child process of hh.exe (Windows Help). My program fires up MSVC, then sends a message to MSVC to fire up MSDN and maximize the window. Neat, I guess.

Apologies if this seems incoherent. Today''s the first day of spring classes.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein