Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alpha_Neuron

where can i get tutorials on applying the Maths?

Hey, well i just finished yr 12(in australia) and I know all about sin, cos, tan, calculas, intergration, inverse trig, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPLY THEM. are there any tutorials on what to do with them, how the help in threeD games. Im the type of guy whos smart enough to do that stuff, but not when applying it Thankyou Edited by - Alpha_Neuron on January 14, 2002 12:13:25 AM

Well you can start by asking yourself the question: ''What do i want to do?'' since math can be applied to almost everything. The topic of ''applying math'' is a VERY broad one at that.

Perhaps you want to use math for camera movement around a 3d scene, or collision detection between planes... the list goes on.

If you want to get into 3d programming, take one step at a time. Ask yourself what you need to do, write it down on paper, and then grab that year 12 core math textbook of yours and look up something similar that would allow you to do it.

=D on an off-topic note, how did ya go in year 12? I just finished too and man, is it a great feeling to be out of school right now..

Heading off to uni in the future?