Hey wAVaRiaN- Are you an Aussie then mate

Started by
24 comments, last by Alpha_Neuron 22 years, 2 months ago
Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Count me in. Anyone want to start an Australian based backyard games company then?

For what its worth career wise I''m another 30+ IT professional.

Oh yeah, and I drive a Hyundai *shame*

Keef

PS. Here is another OZ game developer.

http://www.ssg.com.au/

-----------------------
glDisable(WORK);
glEnable(GL_CODING);
-----------------------Current Project: The Chromatic Game Engine
Advertisement
What''s with all the aussies and no kiwis ay ? ( i am a kiwi )
better add my name to the list of Aussie''s here, but I''m from W.A.

I finished uni last year and deferred my honours hoping to get a job, not much luck yet oh well.

I did Comp Sci and I''d have to agree that have experience in a range of areas is defintely the way to go, just looking at the jobs available over here.

Alpha_Neuron - hey my dad worked as a plasterer, who I''ve helped out occaisionally and I''d definately say being a computer nerd beats it hands down. However it''s probably harder to stay buff programming, I dont know I''ve never been buff.

Going to uni is great (don''t tell too many people they''ll all want to go) and I''m already missing it, however me and some of the guys in my course have started developing a game in our spare time, so uni is a great place to meet people interested in games programming. Practically everyone I spoke to originally got interested in programming ''cause they wanted to make their own games.

See''ya round.
Sephwrath
Dont you get it there is no remote
Pyshkin - That''s cause all you kiwis moved over here. Nahh just kidding bro, my dad was actually born in NZ and I was just over there July last year with some mates - does that count?

PS I wanna go back as well NZ is a top place especially for skiing/snowbording, but I imagine the games industry is even smaller over there than it is here.
Dont you get it there is no remote
Well, being an Aussie makes me to post here as well. Doing that Bathurst Games Development course as 2nd year..

It seems that there''s a lot of game developers in Australia (heh, sure..) who being taught by non-Aussies.(!) So, why should we complain about that? I don''t know, at least I''m not.. ) As the Australia is a pretty "young" country, its being taught by pretty "old" countries, but after we finished, we would kick ass with our games, Aussies, support me? )
Well, that''s about it. I''m not really a writer, so ... Let''s do some games!

" Do we need us? "

Ionware Productions - Games and Game Tools Development

I''am moving to Aussie now.........

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement