Hey wAVaRiaN- Are you an Aussie then mate

Started by
24 comments, last by Alpha_Neuron 22 years, 1 month ago
Hey, so you''re an aussie? cool, well, i went ok, but not what i wanted, what course are you doing? I wanted the Games Programming course at CSU in bathurst but didn''t get the mark, so im doing IFT at the same place. That way i can attend the lectures on GameP, and hopefully transfer next year. But if you''re not an aussie, than that was a waste of paper,
Advertisement
Hehe, yeah im an aussie =) i hope to study software engineering down here in SA, but yeh know, there isnt much down this way that helps me out much in the programming industry.. so i''ll have to make do with one of these courses.

I''d hate to walk into a 3 year course to learn java *shudders at the thought*

Anywho, best be off, gettin late lol.. cya round mate.
Alpha_Neuron: They now have Games Programming at Charles Sturt Uni? Bloody hell. I obviously started uni 4 years to early.

Either way, good luck to you two in what ever courses you do.

PS - Alpha, you a holden, ford or fence sitter person (unless you remember when they had 2L BMWs in it)?

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
Hey dredge, i don''t like fords, holdens are okay, but there is just to many in my hillbick town. Im a Jag, or aston martin(whatever it is).

Yeah, CSU just got it last year i think, but it is an 83 uai(which is the TER, but a bit different), i was off by 5, 5 lousy points.

What did u do at uni

its heaps weird because i ve only ever met about 2 australians ever in all the massage boards and chats, until this one
Go team Aussie

I''m in Sydney... I''m not sure which uni I''m going to try and get into though. I might have a look into that CSU course though... but for actually getting a game programming job here in Australia will be tough

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
Well if this is an aussie thread I should prolly reply

Anyone know what netspace dsl is like? Im waiting on them to set up my account now, seeing as my previous isp (chello) connection is dead.

Ill so miss the 780kbyte/sec downloads
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
all we need now is for the friggin Crocodile Hunter to turn up and chase a few snakes around and we''ll have a full-on aussie thread

I offer these words of wisdom to you guys who are about to start uni: learn some database and web (and other miscellaneous boring) shite at uni as well, as I tended to focus mostly on graphics programming and simulations, and now I am having a hard time of finding a job... meanwhile there''s billions of positions up for grabs if you know ASP, VB/Java Script, SAP, Oracle, etc

Heed the bitter words of a sour not-so-old man

Regardless of what you study, uni is a blast, and I guarantee you will not make it out with all brain cells intact.

PS: I would like to say a big hello to security at Queensland University of Technology, who are possibly the daftest bunch of uniformed ppl on earth (in the spirit of Oktoberfest, my mates and i climbed the highest building on the campus and hung a giant cardboard beer on it, then rappelled off and escaped undetected... even after one guy walked straight underneath us while we stuck the thing onto the wall )
I like the good old Holdens, at least in the racing. Meanwhile the v8 ford out front still runs well, and it has the (albiet they dont'' server much purpose unless you are in reverse) ventelated rear drum brakes.

The only real V8s in the entire world are made here, you should be proud. Besides, Jags now have Generation 1 ford engines, so you are actaully gettin a worse car than an XR8. That is also why they are cheaper now though.

Well anyway, I am still at uni (5th year now) at UTS. My cours is for bach Mech eng dip eng prac (hence the maths, physics and the solid edge stuff). Submajor unless I do something else (our uni has a default in Computing as they make us do it) is computer enginieering. I might go into aeronautical though, or even air conditioning., but the computing one I already have so its set.

After teaching people in both com sys eng and in com sci I would say that you would really have to learn one thing - don''t use global variables. I use them, but when I was doing some of the subjects here, they always say don''t. Oh well to hell with it.

I just wish I could transfer to some bludgy course that didn''t require stats. Atleast we have a dozen or so pubs within stumbling distance.

PS - SolidEdge rocks, I like C/C++, I try and avoid Java, I DO NOT use blue.

I think this entire message is incorherent when I look back at it, so I will stop now.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
quote:Original post by Bad Monkey
PS: I would like to say a big hello to security at Queensland University of Technology, who are possibly the daftest bunch of uniformed ppl on earth (in the spirit of Oktoberfest, my mates and i climbed the highest building on the campus and hung a giant cardboard beer on it, then rappelled off and escaped undetected... even after one guy walked straight underneath us while we stuck the thing onto the wall )

Your lucky - if we are on the roof of our main building, it makes men infertile within 5 minutes and women on 20. Darn radios and satelite thingies.
Well, I''m doing that course at Bathurst CSU. If you want to talk, ICQ me on 42699190 or mail at dprpg@yahoo.com.. Or ask anything you want about everything..)
Cheers..

" Do we need us? "

Ionware Productions - Games and Game Tools Development

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement