OpenGL Vs DX

Started by
25 comments, last by FreeArcher 22 years, 3 months ago
I dont want any replies, i just want to complain about buying a game at the weekend (Dune) and thanks to NVIDIA the opengl drivers (with my voodoo3) arent compatible with the DX requirements since NVIDIA are screening voodoo out. So now im gonna have to go get a geforce3 ti500 64mb. i guess its a conspiracy against me as always. Ah well i guess thats all i wanted to say...so....... FREE LORD ARCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we dont want him writing mein kampf now do we? or another string of shitty best-sellers.
Lord Archer
Advertisement
Are you aware that you arent supposed to get nVidia OGL drivers for a non-nVidia chipset?

Get the Voodoo OGL drivers.

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Really pointless this topic...

-Maarten Leeuwrik
"Some people when faced with the end of a journey simply decide to begin anew I guess."
OpenGL is better than DirectX cause it comes later in the alphabet.

lol

R.
LOL! that is by far the best and funniest reason I have ever heard on that debate
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
And OpenGL is easier than DirectX.
I love OpenGL!
Andrew Programmer;)
Aha... OpenGL has more capitol letters than DirectX, and is therefore superior in every way... unless you like lowercase.

Billy
Ahhh...but DirectX has an X at the end, and everyone knows that things ending with X are automatically the best

"So crucify the ego, before it''s far too late. To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that''s imagined and all conceivable."
- Tool
------------------------------
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
Damn all of you. When will you finally learn?! OpenGL and DirectX cannot compared to any capacity. For the final time, OpenGL is a single API for platform-independent 3D graphics, and DirectX is a collection of APIs for many different things on Windows.
Ok, ok... OpenGL is better than Dirext3D because it has more Capital letters.... is that better?

Billy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement