Artificial Life and Evolution

Started by
3 comments, last by eccesignum 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi all! I have been lurking here for a little while and I have to say, this is the best collection of Big Brains I have yet encountered. With that out of the way, I have a link: http://www.frams.poznan.pl/ which I found today, which I thought might be useful to those of you who are experimenting with AI/ALife. eS
Advertisement
If you liked that site, check out the following paper:

Synthesis of autonomous robots through evolution. Stfano Nolfi and Dario Floreano. Trends in Cognitive Sciences v6n1 Jan 2002 p31-37

-Kirk (little brain)
Hey, I think I saw a show on that! Is that the one that randomly creates a genetic structure, tests how well it works toward a specific goal, then mutates it 5 times or so, then picks the most sucessful mutation and tries it again, and again, and again... Woa, major run-on! But is that the one? Some of the results were AMAZING!

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
I think that is the one. It was on NOVA (PBS), maybe, about five years ago? I had completely forgotten about it until today...
It was also on recently (month ago?). I think it was on the "research" channel. I could be wrong. I was lucky enough to stumble on it while channel-flipping. Very cool stuff. I plan to make my own version, the concept is simple. I just need a flexible neural net system and a solid physics engine to start with.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement