MSVC++ 6.0 auto complete not working

Started by
15 comments, last by xtrmntr 22 years, 3 months ago
Cool plug-in kipp! Thanks
Advertisement
quote:Original post by xtrmntr
Would you mind being more specific Oluseyi? Because when I installed it originally it went through with no errors (i know that doesn''t necessarily mean it installed correctly).

I don''t mean it was always fscked. I mean it has become fscked - disk error, registry error... a whole bunch of possible things gone wrong. I would advise a reinstall for one reason only: other functionality may start to degrade too.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
I have it happen if I somehow use a ( instead of a { and similar stuff. Pretty much, if my scope doesn''t line up it doesn''t always work. Especially with doing member functions for classes...

Usually, I finally compile and find out I mistyped one of the brackets or something. After I fix it, I can go back down to the stuff that I was writing before that it wouldn''t work for, and now it does.

Usually. I''m using 7.0, though, but the same thing worked for me in 6.0.
quote:Original post by xtrmntr
On a side note, Any clue as to why it does all this auto-completing of class functions/parameters but doesn''t work if i do something like this:

std::vector<int> v;v.clear();    

i get auto complete after the scope resolution operator but not when i do v.

It might be because you can''t call functions globally like that. I''m not being sarcasting, but I think that might be it. Just an idea

No, HTML is not an OO language.
I''m not defining the variable nor am i calling it globally, that was just an example.
wow visual assist really does rock, thanks man
first you need to add the vector file to your project for it to have chance of working - and even then odds are low. I think I''ve had the workspace/code-completion parser work with templates correctly about 3 times - I decided it wasn''t wortht the effort.

The .ncb gets corrupted constantly - luckily it can be rebuilt easily. One of those other two, the .opt or .plg store the workspace folders you create, so deleting them deletes the folders (everything shows up in the root of the workspace again).
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement