MSVC++ 6.0 auto complete not working

Started by
15 comments, last by xtrmntr 22 years, 3 months ago
I came in to work today and fired up MSVC++ and when I started trying to access the parameter/function list for a variable, the list didn''t show up. I tried reinstalling the MSDN (Oct 2001) and made sure the settings in the Tools->Options dialog were set correctly but I still can''t get it working. It was working when I left work yesterday... please help
Advertisement
i had this same problem. delete your project files (* not your ".h" and ".cpp" files but project files *) and then recreate the project. it should be fine after that.

(* cool. pascal style comment block. *). hehe.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
ohh, and code complete is not part of the MSDN. most likely part of the classwizard.

Sweet Mother of...!!!!

Thanks
On a side note, Any clue as to why it does all this auto-completing of class functions/parameters but doesn''t work if i do something like this:

std::vector<int> v;v.clear();  

i get auto complete after the scope resolution operator but not when i do v.

dunno. is this after you have re-created you project. try creating a new project and see if the problem re-occurs.

Thanks jenova and Torn.

To jenova: Yes, if I create a brand new project it still doesn''t work. Not a big deal but quite curious.
quote:Original post by xtrmntr
...if I create a brand new project it still doesn''t work. Not a big deal but quite curious.

Your installation is fscked. Enjoy!
Would you mind being more specific Oluseyi? Because when I installed it originally it went through with no errors (i know that doesn''t necessarily mean it installed correctly).
When you''re using Visual C++, I have to recommend the excellent Visual Assist. Take a look at the features and you''ll want to buy it immediately. After working with it for an hour, you''ll never want to work without it again.

No, I don''t have shares in Whole Tomato. I just think it''s that good!

Kippesoep

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement