WTF is wrong with my VC?

Started by
54 comments, last by SnprBoB86 22 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by SnprBoB86
Said something about the templates conflicting with the standard template library...

Wait, wait, wait... are you saying that it might have been an error on your part?
Advertisement
jenova:

String str(); will compile fine. Then you try to use str (str.DoSomething()) and you''ll get the same error he gets.
SnprBob86:

Is it just a typo in the post or does the additional "};" (just preceding the one with the comment "//Ending line of the class definition") actually appear in the header. I assume it was an error introduced when you edited your post... You might want to correct it before anyone jumps on you.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
AP: you are correct. however, i am going to check if this is part of the ANSI standard....

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
the additional }; was to show thats where the code segment fit in..... some how all the seperate code segments became 1 big 1, im 2 lazy 2 fix it

also about the ()'s.... yes thats an error and now that Ive played with it a bit I see that would genorate the same error, but no it's not my problem. Because regaurdless, it still doesnt show up in the class view.

so now for the good news... my friend fixed it. he sent me an executable that did something to msvc++ and it works perfectly now! apparently someone else has had this problem and one of the guys at his office sent him a hacker made patch. he also said that the patch makes some corrections to microsofts copies of the STL, which was modified from the standard because of their compilers template problems (right?) and something else about windows xp.... im not gonna ask, it works... im happy

so after all this it's microsofts fault ;-)

thanks to everyone who tryed to help me out, I really appreciate it.

-SniperBoB-

ATTN ADMIN: please close this thread I do not want e-mails about responces flooding my inbox

Edited by - snprbob86 on January 17, 2002 4:58:34 PM
Heh, you so asked for it;

Later,
ZE.

email me.zealouselixir software. msdn. n00biez.
miscellaneoulinks

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement