Paintshop pro...Photoshop

Started by
22 comments, last by BINS 24 years, 2 months ago
I just need some opinions here...Is there really a difference between Paintshop pro and Photoshop..which one would be the better bang for the buck? Thanks ***BINS***
***BINS***
Advertisement
In my opinion, you can do a lot more with photoshop, but then photoshop costs a lot more. Paintshop pro is definetely good though - so if you can''t afford photoshop (like me) go for paintshop pro.
- DanielMy homepage
photoshop..

¨but of course i say that cause i cant do anything with psp!
Thanks for you opinions guys ...I think I''m going to get Photoshop, I''ve heard better things about it..

***BINS***
***BINS***
Hey, if you''re still reading this...
I got a free copy of Photoshop LE when I bought my CD-RW. (It was for making CD labels.) If you''re worried about cost (and looking to buy some hardware anyway), maybe you could find a similar deal. Keep your eyes peeled.

Rob
More bang for your buck? definitely paint shop pro. New version 6 is not far behind photoshop in performance, just price.
Here is the deal.

Paint Shop is a fairly good tool for creating graphics. For the average home user or programmer/artist it''s a good deal.

PhotoShop is an extremly well put togeather program, if you want to create cutting edge graphics. Photoshop is an industry standard and is used in TV, Film, Web, Games, 2d textures for models etc. You also get alot more support with photoshop, there are about 2000 tutorials for it on the internet on how to create reailistic images and textures. It''s quite professional, and it takes minimal effort to create professional looking graphics in it. The only downfall to photoshop is it''s price which is intended for "Professionals" and not the weekend user.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
I would definitely say photoshop.
I have Photoshop 5, and it is just so easy to use!

I DLed a copy of paintshop pro demo to see whether it was any good before I bought pshop, and quite frankly I hated it.
The interface in psp is SHIT, to be quite honest. The only program with a worse interface that I can think of is Adobe Illustrator or the old DOS program edlin.

Pshop, on the other hand, has a very user-intuitive interface, and with all the tutorials available (from places like www.alexdg.com, www.designsbymark.com, and www.aquariumsoftware.com.au/photoshop, to name a few) you can learn how to do very complex stuff in pshop very easily, and a lot of schools (even my high school!) offer computer graphics classes that use photoshop.

gameguru4@yahoo.com
This is first a matter of taste... And you won''t a fair opinion by someone who''ve "always" used Photoshop and just "tried" PSP or vice versa.

The best is to evaluate both products yourself and see which fits you.

Personally I moved over from Photoshop to PSP because, in my opinion, PSP is faster, and have a more standard windows user interface.

...and PaintShopPro has a much more pleasant pricetag.

However, I''ve used both products professionally in website development.
I have both programs , I use psp for sprites and everything else I use photoshop . The only fucked up thing about photoshop is that somehow those dickheads at adobe fucked up the standard bmp format so you either have to write a special bmp reader for adobe or save the photoshop bmp in paint .
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement